Britt, Morris F. Appendices to Implosion: A history of the Lumbee Indians of Robeson County, North Carolina. Unpublished manuscript (forthcoming book).
Dr. Morris F. Britt, a psychologist and genealogist who lives in Charlotte, North Carolina, has been compiling lists of Lumbee names at least since the mid-1980s, when he published an initial list of Lumbee surnames for Robeson County Record, a genealogy journal he edited and published until 1997.
He has provided the following appendices from his forthcoming book. He specifies the following usage limitations: Not to be reprinted for publication without written consent of the author. May be used privately.
- Appendix A. Lumbee names in the first tax list of Bladen, 1763
- Appendix B. Lumbee names in the tax list of Bladen (Robeson), 1769
- Appendix C. A list of the rogues. A list of the mob riotously assembled together in Bladen County, October 13, 1773
- Appendix D. "Lumbee Indians" —1784 tax list, Bladen County
- Appendix E. Lumbee Indians in the first federal Census of Robeson—1790
- Appendix F. "Mixt blood" tax list for Bladen, 1774
- Appendix G. An index of Lumbee Indians taken from the BellSouth phone listing of Robeson County, 2003
- Appendix H. Early Lumbee settlers in Robeson (Bladen)
- Appendix I. Baseborn children in Sampson County carrying possible Lumbee names, 1785 - 1798
- Appendix J. Early Lumbees in Robeson from deed and land grant references
- Appendix K. "Lumbee" names in Clarendon County, SC. Free Negroes, mulattoes & mestizoes. Tax defaulters in Clarendon County, 1800 - 1801
- Appendix L. Lumbees in the 1790 Census of Robeson, designated "all other free persons"
- Appendix M. Lumbees families of Richmond County, NC, "all other free persons," 1790 Census
- Appendix N. Lumbee families of Richmond County, NC, "all other free persons," 1790 Census
- Appendix R. Gun permits granted to Lumbees, Robeson County Court, 1841 - 1846
- Appendix U. Lumbee liens on real property. Tax delinquent surnames. The Robesonian, June 17, 2004
- Appendix V. Lumbee (mulatoe) heads of family. 1830 Census of Robeson County. Total members in family and those over age 55